What is servicing the battery/cables all about?
In order for everything to operate properly in your car, the battery and its cables should be in optimal condition. By its very nature, a battery can cause corrosion, and cables can become loose or frayed, or touch other parts of the under hood area. Checking that all is well with the battery and its attachments is a wise idea for trouble free motoring.
Keep in mind:
- Battery acid is extremely corrosive, and caution is advised.
- There is potential for electric shock when working with these components. Leave this work to one of our expert technicians.
How it’s done:
- The radio codes and stations are written down or a memory saver is used
- The negative and positive cables are disconnected from the battery
- The battery terminals, cable ends are cleaned and serviced
- The battery terminals are reconnected to the battery and the battery is tested
- The radio code is entered and the stations are reset as needed
Have the battery and cables checked every time your car has routine maintenance performed.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to service the battery/cables?
- Car has trouble starting
- Visible deposits or corrosion on the battery
- Signs of wear on the battery cables
How important is this service?
Without a properly charged battery and securely attached battery cables, your car won’t start