Fuel Injector O Rings Replacement Service
What is the Fuel Injector O Rings all about?
Fuel injector O rings are rubber gaskets around the end of the fuel injectors that hold the injectors up tight to the rest of the cylinders of your engine and prevent fuel from leaking. If they’re not properly mounted, or if they’ve begun to deteriorate, you will lose fuel. They work like any other gasket – they will wear and crack as they age, and at some point will require replacement.
Keep in mind:
- Fuel injector O rings are not inspected as part of your routine maintenance, but if your car has accumulated tens of thousands of miles, it is a good idea to have your mechanic check them out.
- If your car is losing fuel, the rings may be at fault.
- Don’t assume that the problem is with the O rings – your injectors could be clogged.
How it’s done:
- The vehicles hood is opened and battery disconnected
- The defective fuel injector O-rings are removed
- The new injector O-rings are installed
- The battery is reconnected and the engine started
- The repair is verified for no fuel leaks and tested for proper operation
Fuel injector o-rings are not part of a maintenance inspection or service and are only addressed when there is a fuel injection problem or a fuel leak at the engine. If you suspect your fuel injector o-rings are leaking, have one of our expert mechanics inspect and replace them as necessary.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Fuel Injector O Rings?
- Fuel leaking at the engine
- Car not starting properly or running rough
How important is this service?
A fuel leak at the engine can cause a fire if the fuel ignites. Have leaking fuel injector o-rings replaced as soon as possible.